Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oral Test

I have ended my attachment at the genetics lab and started with my Pharmacological Course.

And we had our first oral test today.

The thought of doing a oral test was enough to freak me out. But it turns out to be quite ok. It was in fact like a free flow discussion in a small group setting. The teacher asked us question and anyone is free to answer and add comments. I was really surprised to see how the swedish students present their answer. They were not afraid to comment, and everyone seems to know when to say something and when to shut up. No over-domination by one person was seen. And they were able to link different concepts and things taught in different modules together. I am really AMAZED.

As quoted from a NTU website:

"We have evidently found a unique formula for success in our direct honours programme and well-rounded curriculum offering multiple routes to success..."

I wonder how unique our formulae? Having 50 people in a tutorial class and expect free flow of discussion? I doubt so. And we are so bad in linking various concepts together as we were always too concern in memorising the notes.

Then again, i shall leave this question to civil servants who draw 2-3 millions a year.

And my second oral test is coming in 2 weeks time...

1 comment:

Home Land said...

Shd ask the dean of Sbs and Ntu too.